Enjoying keyboards with a backlit facility is amazing when you play games. But at times, you might see your keyboard light flashing without any reason. It gets more annoying when the monitor or screen doesn’t come up. If you are going through the keyboard flashing on and off with difficulty, we can help you fix it!
Methods of Fixing Keyboard Blinking
Here are three ways to fix your keyboard light flashing continuously. In most cases, it is a temporary glitch; solve it on your own!
Method 1: Reconnecting Keyboard
Try reconnecting the keyboard first. You might be using a wireless or wired keyboard. This applies to both of the keyboards.
One of the very first attempts that you should take when you see keyboard lights blinking continuously is to get your hands on the connection. There can be issues with the keyboard connection.
Both for the wired and wireless keyboards check the connection. Check the USB connection to ensure that it isn’t loose.
Also, disconnect the wired keyboard and try to connect it once again. Try to use the keyboard with another PC and check if it works. And then, come back to your PC and try it again.
In the case of a wireless keyboard, you have to disconnect the keyboard completely. Then, switch it off. After switching it off, wait for a while, and then once again, switch it. Connect it to your PC and then try again.
You can plan on rebooting the PC or laptop too. This will sort out all the petty glitches both related to your keyboard and the computer.
Method 2: White Light Flashing
In the case of Dell keyboard flashing white light, you must know that it is a symbol of power or the battery light. It indicates the power status along with the remaining battery charge. However, if it is not the battery or power status, you have to check the battery of your computer.
- Disconnect the AC adapter first and then disconnect the main battery following by removing the coin-cell battery.
- Now, you have to connect the AC adapter for about 5-10 seconds and once again, disconnect it. After this, connect the coin-cell along with the main batteries.
- Turn the laptop over and open the lid. Finally, connect the AC adapter and booth your computer 3 times.
Method 3: Blank Screen with Keyboard Flashing
If after reconnecting the keyboard, your keyboard still blinks, you can settle for this method.
- Here, firstly, you have to go through your keyboard and press the Windows key along with CTRL. SHIFT and B. Press them together. The keyboard flashing will be solved. If nothing happens after you have pressed these buttons, you have to shut down the device.
- To do this, use the power button for about 10 seconds. Once you have done this, the keyboard will stop flashing. Right at this moment, you have to press the Volume + button. Keep holding the Vol + button and then get your finger on the power.
- Holding the Vol+ button, you have to press and release the power button. This will take you to Surface UEFI. Through this, you have to restart the Surface Go to EXIT and then RESTART.
- At this point, the screen will come up and work naturally. However, if the screen does not come up after restarting the Surface, you have to check all the peripheral devices. You need to disconnect all of them. Also, you have to disconnect the Type Cover here.
- Plan on restarting the Surface normally just this time. The problem will be fixed. In most cases, it will restart the Surface normally. However, if you see that it isn’t working, you have to press the Vol+ and the Vol- button three times. It will help the Surface to wake up. You will hear a beep and know that the Surface is responsive.
The methods are enough to solve your keyboard flashing on and off. If they don’t work, you might need to uninstall and update your keyboard driver to fix this. And in severe cases, you always should rely on a professional to solve the issue.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.