Often we become bothered by the lighting conditions of our surroundings while using a laptop. Working in the low lights can be harassment to our eyes while focusing on the keyboard.
There are several laptops that include a keyboard with a backlight. In maximum laptops, the brightness keys are given on the keyboard. Generally, the keys are ALT with 7 and 9 keys. The 7 key decreases the brightness of the keyboard, and the 9 key increases the brightness.
However, there are some expectations. For example, Acer Chromebook works with the FN key.
Let’s know some more details about adjusting keyboard brightness in low light missing with the techniques of adjustments. So, stay with us until the article ends.
Adjust Keyboard Brightness – Keep Your Light Healthy To Keep Eyes Healthy
Operating systems play a vital role in adjusting keyboard light. The adjustment of keyboard light sometimes requires adjustment through the operating system. There are several different laptops around us with different operating systems.
The profoundly available and widely used operating systems are Windows which is from Microsoft, and Mac, which is from Apple Inc.
Let’s talk about the most popular keyboard of today. Yes, it is the MacBook keyboard. If you use a MacBook and are looking to adjust the keyboard backlight, here are the steps.
- Firstly, go to the Apple menu after turning on the MacBook.
- Secondly, choose the System Preferences option.
- Now, click on the Keyboard option, and you will see all the options related to the keyboard, including brightness effects.
- Lastly, select ‘Adjust Keyboard Brightness in Low Light.’
After selecting that option, your keyboard will perceive the information from the sensor and adjust the keyboard backlights.
In the maximum Chromebook, turning off and on buttons is quite an easy act. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Firstly, turn on the Chromebook.
- Second, press the FN key and hold it for a while.
- Lastly, press the F9 key to turn off if your keyboard light is on. And press the same to turn it on if your light is off.
- Another thing you can do in Chromebook is adjust the keyboard backlight timeout. Here is what you need to do.
- First, turn on the Chromebook and press the window sign that is at the bottom left corner. And go to settings.
- Now, in the search box, type recovery and press enter. You will see a new interface on the screen, including a restart.
- Press the restart option, and your Chromebook will take a restart. You will see the BIOS setup page on the screen with all the information.
- Press the right arrow and go to the menu. Now, look down, and there is an option, ‘keyboard backlight timeout’. By using the down arrow, go to that and press enter.
You will see two options; enable and disable. If you desire to stop wasting your battery power and increase the backup time, enable the keyboard backlight timeout.
There are several laptops that have a fantastic feature of decreasing and increasing the keyboard backlight. The steps are given below.
- Firstly, turn on the laptop and refresh it 2 to 3 times.
- After that, press the ALT key and hold.
- Then, press and hold 7 to decrease the light; eventually, it will be turned off.
- Again press and hold the ALT key, and press and hold 9. It will increase the luminousness of the keyboard backlight.
Some of the laptops have direct keys to increase or decrease the keyboard backlights.
The keyboard backlight system is a revolutionary movement from laptop companies. Most modern laptops have this ultimate feature. The most important role this feature plays is to keep our vision safe.
When we work in low light conditions, our eyes pay too much effort on the screen. When we look at the keyboard, it takes time to fix our vision. When there is a backlight behind the keyboard, the keys, and alphabet glow and become visible.
Eventually, our eyes and vision find it easy to focus on the keys. Therefore, when you are in low light conditions, the keyboard backlight can be a significant passage to find ease.
Our next concern is when to turn off the keyboard backlight. The backlight of a keyboard is a set of numerous small LED lights, and it is obvious that it drains the battery significantly.
When you work in high-light conditions or during the daytime, you can turn the lights off. Moreover, you can also turn off the backlight while doing tasks like watching movies.
Turning off the keyboard backlight can save your battery enormously. You can perceive 5% to 10% extra time as battery backup.
How to adjust the brightness on a Chromebook’s Backlit keyboard
Answer: You need to follow some steps to do this. The steps are,
1. Go to the Apple menu after turning on the MacBook.
2. Choose the System Preference option.
3. Click on the Keyboard option.
4. Lastly, select ‘Adjust Keyboard Brightness in Low Light.’
Answer: Lowering the keyboard backlight is an easy task. Firstly, turn on the laptop and refresh it 2 to 3 times. After that, press the ALT key and hold, it immediately, press and hold 7 to decrease the light; eventually, it will be turned off. Again press and hold the ALT key, and press and hold 9 to increase the light.
In the end, we can say there are plenty of benefits of turning off the keyboard backlight. ‘adjust keyboard brightness in low light’ may seem difficult, but once you get used to the system, it will be a cup of tea for you.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.