When you add your USB keyboard, it might not work in BIOS. Yes, some BIOS will disable the USB connections for speeding boot. At times, the keyboard will start working in the BIOS but won’t work on windows.
No matter what happens, you can always solve it! If your keyboard is fit, you can easily fix it following some easy methods. Check them out!
Methods of Fixing Keyboard in BIOS
How to Enable USB Keyboard on Boot?
When the keyboard doesn’t work in BIOS, all you need to do is enable the USB keyboard on boot and fix the problem. Go through the step-by-step process!
- First of all, you have to restart the computer or laptop and then, go for a Pause Break. Make sure you are swift when you settle for the Pause Break. You must press this before the Windows logo will appear to half the boot process of your PC or when you switch on the PC or restart it.
- In the second step, you have to go through the instructions appearing on the screen. There will be necessary details to boot to setup. In some cases, the BIOS Setup: F8 message appears, and in either case, the Press F8 to Enter BIOS message appears. It completely depends on the motherboard your PC has. According to the motherboard, the keyboard will command the PC so that it can enter BIOS.
- Now, it is time to press the Pause Break. And after that, you have to get accessibility to the system setup. For this, you must ensure that you have gone through the appropriate keys. Now, check for the arrow key and go for Advanced. If you don’t find it, you can see the IntegratedPeripherals or Onboard Devices there. Whatever you see among these, go for them. And after selecting, as usual, you have to press Enter.
- And here you go! It is time to search for the USB Controller and pick it up. On the keyboard, you have to press + or – if you want the change the setting. Go for any of them and you will see that the settings are already enabled. You are ready! Whenever you have to enable the USB port and want to exit the BIOS, feel free to do it by pressing F10 only! Isn’t it so easy!
Computer Can’t Enter BIOS?
The keyboard works in BIOS but not in Windows
At times, you might see that the keyboard is working fine in BIOS but when you shift to windows, they won’t work. This is a very common issue for HP users. Here are some easy fixes for the HP Laptop keyboard not working in BIOS, read it out!
Temporary Mouse and Keyboard Addition
You can fix the issue by adding a mouse and a keyboard. This is a temporary process to help you out.
- First, it is necessary that you switch off the PC and then switch it on again by pressing the power button. In short, you have to restart the PC. And when your PC switches on or you see a light on the laptop/PC, you have to press the F8 key. Again make sure, you are swift when you do it.
- After pressing F8, an arrow key will appear before you. All you need is to use the key so that you can open the tab named Advanced. Now, it is your time to go through the USB Legacy Support first, The Legacy Support should be enabled in this case.
- After enabling it, you have to search for F10 on your keyboard and press it. This is for saving the changes you just made. Once you have saved the changes, you need to check the BIOS screen and exit it. You are done; you have to restart the PC now to save the changes you made.
When you face the USB Keyboard not working in BIOS, solve the issue by updating the driver manually or automatically. Here, we will show the manual method, you can also do it automatically!
- First of all, you have to go to the Taskbar and there, insert Device Manage to get into it. Once you get to see it, click on it and get into it. Now, you have to update the device manually. For this, search for the device that requires updating. Click on it and go for Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Once you go for it, you will see the Update Driver option, select it. Windows will automatically update it and solve all the issues. The problem regarding the BIOS keyboard issue will be solved along with any other problem that your Windows is facing.
Keyboard Driver Reinstalling
- First, get into the Start Menu car, and there, type, Device Manager. Now, get into the Device manager just like before and select the Keyboards option.
- Check for the yellow mark on the side of the sections available under the keyboard. If you see any yellow marks, you have to understand that there are problems in that particular section. Now, all you need to do is uninstall that specific section. Take your mouse on it and right-click there.
- You will get several options and among them, select Uninstall Driver. After uninstalling, you have to reboot the PC or Laptop. Most probably, this process will bring back the keyboard to life once again! When the keyboard driver is not available, you have to reinstall the USB drivers.
FAQs on BIOS Keyboard not working
For solving the issue, you have to get into BIOS and search for USB Legacy Devices there. If it is not enabled, the keyboard will not work. Enable it and then save the change you have made in BIOS. Get out of it and it will start working.
When the BIOS does not recognize the USB keyboard for the changes in settings, feel free to clean the CMOS. This will help in setting the settings to defaults. If you see that it is booting too fast, all you have to do is unplug the boot driver first. And then, you can easily get into the BIOS. At times, it does not recognize the keystrokes. You can unplug it the same way for this case too.
First of all, you have to restart the computer and then go for the DEL key on your keyboard. Once you press it, you will get into the BIOS. And after you get in, you must search for the settings that can help you halt boot up so that you can find the keyboard error. After this, restart the PC and then check if the boot up is halted or not. If it happens, you might require changing the keyboard!
Once you have learned how to solve the keyboard not working in BIOS problems, from the next time onwards, you do not need to run for the professionals anymore to solve this! Go through the steps and any one of them will surely work! Don’t forget to comment below which method worked for you or if you have any other solution for it! Share it with us!