iPhone surely is different than the thousand Androids out there for all the good reasons. But the problem with the iPhone keyboard can confuse you a lot. And right after you have replaced the screen, if the keyboard doesn’t work, you get scared. No worries, we will tell you what to do when you see the iPhone keyboard not working after screen replacement.
iPhone Keyboard Not Working After Screen Replacement
No matter you see the iPhone’s right side of keyboard not working or the left one- you surely need a solution to save the trip to the Apple Store! Here’s how to fix it!
Method 1: Clean the Screen
At times, the iPhone keyboard might not work for malfunction. This can happen after the screen replacement too. It gets stuck on the screen and doesn’t move. Food residue can be the reason behind this.
Or something that had been on your hands might get stick to the phone and that is causing the phone screen to freeze. It is funny to see your iPhone keyboard typing on its own. But that too is the reason for the dirty screen. The best way to solve this is by wiping your iPhone screen.
The screen cleaning liquid is amazingly helpful. Some people often use aerosol, household cleaners along with window cleaners, and abrasives. Make sure you do not use anything that contains acetone. Or simply get a clean fabric and wipe off the dirt.
Method 2: Close the Apps
Sometimes, for petty glitches, the iPhone keyboard might not work after the screen replacement. The reason behind this is the apps. Some apps might be hampering the way your keyboard works. Take an intensive look when the keyboard stops working.
If it is not working right when you use one specific app, the app might be causing the problem. The app might have crashed. The best thing you can do is to close the apps.
- Go through the app switcher to close the apps. If you are new, all you need to do is get your finger on the Home Button and press it. It will bring all the opened apps. All you need to do is swipe them and get rid of them.
- The previous method is for iPhone 8 and the earlier models. For the updated models, you have to go for the center of the screen. Then, just like before, swipe the apps up and take them off your display.
- Now you can check the keyboard if it is working or not. If it does, you are ready to enjoy it!
Method 3: Reboot
No matter it’s the computer or your mobile, the easiest way to solve all the issues is to start fresh. And this is when Reboot comes in. The minor issues of the software along with the problem regarding part of iPhone screen not working can be solved by restarting the iPhone. To do this-
- Firstly, you have to press the Power button. Don’t release it. Keep holding it. After a while, you will see a slide that says “slide to power off.” All you need is to slide it and release it. The iPhone will reboot.
- For iPhone X and later models, you have to settle for the side button along with the volume down button. Keep holding them together for a while and then slide the Power icon that is on your screen to the right.
- Once you have turned the phone off, you have to wait for a few minutes to let the phone rest. And then, you need to turn the phone on. To do this, press the Power Button for iPhone 8 and earlier models and the side button for the iPhone X and later models.
- Keep holding it and shortly, the phone will be switched on and your issues will be solved.
Method 4: Reset Settings
After screen replacement, sometimes, the settings might get changed. In that case, it’s necessary to reset the settings to allow your phone to work properly. With this option, you work with the software that is causing the issue too.
With the help of this, you can restore the Settings into Factory Default Settings. Before you go for this, make sure you remember the passwords of Wi-Fi, other necessary settings that have been changed after buying the phone.
Let’s learn how to do this-
- To do this, you have to get into the Settings of your iPhone and press General there.
- Once you get in, go for Transfer or Reset iPhone. There have to pick up the Reset options.
- After this, all you need is to go for the Reset All Settings option.
- Right after this, you have to provide the password or passcode of your iPhone to ensure that you want it. And then, simply, press Reset All Settings.
Method 5: DFU Restore
Sometimes, resetting the iPhone settings will not do the best for you. What can you do then? Yes, DFU restore is another way to solve this issue for screen replacement issue. The DFU mode will erase all the lines of code on the iPhone and will reload them.
After restoring the phone, you will get the phone as it is new. The worst part of this mode is you won’t get the option to keep your data on your phone. So, before you settle for this, back up all the data you have in your phone-from photos to numbers and passwords.
This method is tough but the tougher one is the Logic Board! Yes, you have to press down the iPhone’s Logic Board if necessary. The location of the logic board is a whole new confusion. However, go for iFixit to know about that specific place.
So, you have checked out all the necessary steps and methods you can go for if the iPhone keyboard is not working after you had the last screen replacement. Well, there are so many other methods to solve this issue. These are the most common ways to solve it, let us know how you fixed your problem!