When we use any laptop in low light conditions, we always feel a lack while looking at the keypad. But the Acer Chromebook 315 users are utterly worry-free since the ultimate keyboard backlight system.
If you use an Acer Chromebook 315 and desire to dilute or turn off the keyboard backlight, press and hold the FN button and simultaneously press F9. The keyboard backlight will be off within a sec.
Again, if you want to turn on the lights on your keyboard, you can do the same to turn the lights off.
Today, we shall cover all the information regarding how to turn on the keyboard light on Acer Chromebook 315. Moreover, you will come to know some tips and tricks at the end of this composition. So, don’t move your eyeballs, and stay tuned.
Above, we have covered how to turn on and off the keyboard backlight with the shortcut key. There are also a number of ways to adjust this backlight facility. Such as turning off the backlight while there is no use, changing the backlight, and permanently turning off the lighting system.
Check the vital point below to use your backlight optimally.
If you desire to adjust or turn off the keyboard backlight, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, turn on your Acer Chromebook 315 and press on the window sign. You will find it in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- After that, click on the settings or control panel. If you can not find it on the start menu, search for it by typing setting or control panel.
- Now, go to the devices and select ‘typing’ or keyboard. After that, select the advanced keyboard settings.
- You will find the backlight settings over there and select it to see all the options you will need to adjust the keyboard’s backlight.
There are several times when you do not use your keyboard or do not need the backlight after a while. For example, when you watch a movie, you do not require the keyboard light. It will help you to increase the battery life.
- First, after turning on the Acer Chromebook 315, go to settings by pressing on the start menu. The start menu is the window sign in the bottom left corner.
- After you enter the settings, you will find a search box. Click on it, type Recovery, and press enter.
- Including the restart option, you will see several other options. Click on the restart option. Your Chromebook will take a restart, and you will have the BIOS setup when it starts.
- Now, on the first page, you will get all the information regarding your Acer Chromebook. Press the right arrow and get the option named Menu.
- In the Menu, you will find all the possible changes on your Chromebook. Now, look down, and you will see an option which is Keyboard Backlight Time out. By pressing the down arrow, go to that option and press enter.
- If you want to enable keyboard backlight timeout, select enable. And if you want to disable the backlight timeout, select disable.
- Now, by pressing the right arrow, go to the exit and select the option ‘Exit Saving Setting’ by pressing enter.
- After pressing enter, your computer will take another restart, and your new settings will be implied.
This setting will help you by turning off the keyboard backlight when you do not click the touchpad or press any keyboard button. The most astonishing outcome of this feature is it saves your battery life by 5% to 10%.
There are several Acer Chromebook or laptops which do include the FN key on the keyboard. Yet, there is a backlight system. If you are one of them who has a similar issue, here is what to do. Follow the easy steps described below.
- Firstly, turn on the Chromebook and refresh it for a while.
- Press and hold the Alt key and press 7 to decrease or turn off the keyboard backlight.
- Suppose you want to increase the backlight; press and hold the Alt key and press 9. It will increase your light gradually and turn it to the highest.
You can follow these steps if your Chromebook doesn’t offer you the FN key. However, there may be some other exceptions. In that case, follow the user manuals.
Acer Chromebook 315
Answer: Yes, Acer Chromebook 315 has the feature of a glowing keyboard in the dark. To provide the ultimate satisfaction and ease of vision, Acer attaches a backlight to their Chromebook 315 version.
Answer: Several models of Acer Chromebook have this feature to provide users with a keyboard backlight. So, if your Chromebook model has the feature of glowing in the dark by having an LED behind the keyboard, you can light it up.
Answer: Yes, like the other upgraded models of Acer, Chromebook 317 has the ability to light up the keyboard. But if you have this and your keyboard is not glowing, you may check if the backlight is turned on or off.
Answer: The process of turning on or off the light on the Acer keyboard is easy. Firstly, press and hold the FN key, and then press F9. If you use an upgraded model, this light will become off or on.
But if you don’t have an FN key, press and hold Alt, and press 9 to light up or increase the light. To turn off or decrease the lights, you need to press and hold Alt and press 7.
Till now, we have covered all the nooks and crannies regarding how to turn on the keyboard light on Acer Chromebook 315. And it is not a difficult task to perform. If you have simple knowledge about the computer and can operate it, it is a matter of 10 mins for you.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.