We often forget that sometimes, troubles dance on top of our nose and we keep searching for it everywhere! If you have spilled a bit of coffee on your keyboard, it might not show you difficulties now, but in the long run, you will suffer. The same thing goes for dirt and debris.
But it’s not spilled coffee or dirt always. Sometimes, the RCA Viking Pro Keyboard not working gets serious and you have to deal with the software. Here are ways that can save you!
Methods of Fixing RCA Viking Pro Keyboard Issues
Check out the methods of fixing this android keyboard, they are not that easy but they are worth your time!
Method 1: Restart the Device
Well, we won’t deny that most of the issues of your electronic devices can be solved with a mere restart. Restarting the device is an easy way to fix the RCA Viking Pro Keyboard.
There can be simple glitches that are causing the problem. First, reboot the device and then have a look at the keyboard. Mostly, your problem will be solved after restarting.
Method 2: Restart the Keyboard
Another easy solution for making the Android keyboard work with the tablet is to restart the keyboard. Yes, we have tried restarting the device; restarting the keyboard is also a good idea to see if it works.
- First of all, get into the Settings menu from your tablet and then search for the Apps section.
- Once you find Apps, tap this one and get into Application Manager from the list.
- In the Application manager, you have to swipe and find the tab named ALL. Here, you will see an option called Android Keyboard.
- Tap on that keyboard option and then you have to press Force Stop. This will stop your keyboard from working
Method 3: Reinstall the Keyboard
Another way to fix the RCA 11 Maven Pro Keyboard not working problem is to reinstall the drivers. You can check the docking port before you do anything else. You have to ensure that they are clean. Now, let’s learn how to reinstall the keyboard.
- First, you have to connect the keyboard. For this, get your hands on the On/Off switch and slide it. This is positioned at the upper right corner of your RCA keyboard. Slide it and make sure it is ON. After you turn it on, you will see a red light. It is the power indicator telling you that the keyboard is on.
- In the next step, you have to go through the CONNECT key and then press it and keep holding it. Search for the key in the upper right corner of your RCA keyboard. Keep holding it and after a while, you’ll see a blue light. When the blue indicator light will blink, you can let it go.
- Now, go tothe Settings Menu of your Tablet, and there, you have to check the Bluetooth settings and turn it on. Search for new devices and the tablet will scan for new devices. And after a while, you will see your RCA Viking Pro keyboard enlisted there.
- Now tap it and you pair both of them up. Once you are done, your Keyboard is re-installed. Check the keyboard if it is working or not. In most cases, this solution solves all the problems regarding the keyboard.
Method 4: System Recovery Troubleshoot
First of all, here, you have to turn off the tablet. Once you turn off the tablet, you have to boot into Android System Recovery.
If this method doesn’t work, we recommend you to take your keyboard to a professional and get an RCA tablet keyboard replacement if needed.
- To boot into the System Recovery option, you have to get your hands on the volume button along with the power button. First of all, put a finger on the volume UP button. Place another finger on the power button. All you need to do now is press both of them. Make sure you are pressing both of them at the same time.
- Once you do this, you will boot into Android System Recovery. There, you have to scroll down and search for Reboot System Now. As your keyboard isn’t working, how will you scroll down if you don’t have a touchscreen? Well, in that case, we recommend you settle for the volume buttons. With these, you can scroll up and down!
- When you have already come to the Reboot System Now option, you have to select this one with the help of your power button. After this, the tablet will shut down. And you are done! Once you switch on the tablet once again, you’ll see that the keyboard is working just fine!
FAQs on RCA Viking Pro Keyboard Troubleshooting
Cleaning the keyboard is necessary no matter it is detachable or not. Most of the time, if there is too much dirt and debris stuck under the keys or by the sides, the keys might not work properly. All you can do is get a perfect keyboard brush and clean off the dirt.
The first thing is to clean the keyboard and then restart. Readjust the keyboard settings and uninstall the drivers if necessary. Updating the keyboard drivers is also necessary. And if none of this works, take it to a professional for replacement.
How to Fix Keyboard Not Working Issue
We won’t tell you that there are a lot of fixes for the RCA Viking Pro keyboard. Any android keyboard like this is very confusing and if you don’t know how to fix it properly, we recommend you settle for an expert. However, if the problem gets solved via the methods we have mentioned, you can save your energy and time!
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.