Recent studies show that people who switch themselves from Windows to iOS find MacBook sturdy in many ways. The most trendy case is the keyboard backlight.
If your MacBook Pro M1 keyboard backlight is not working correctly or malfunctioning, go to the Control Center by clicking on the Control Center sign. After that, select keyboard brightness from the menu that comes after clicking.
As a result, you will see a sliding option decrease and increase the brightness.
Still, you may experience the MacBook Pro M1 keyboard backlight not working, so you need to read and follow the whole article. We suggest you read the article thoroughly to overcome this issue.
Macbook Pro M1 Keyboard Backlight Not Working – Here Are Several Effective Ways to Fix MacBook Keyboard Backlight
Numerous random MacBook Pro M1 users frequently ask for help with the keyboard backlight. It states that MacBook Pro M1 has some technical complexities. However, this version of the MacBook is one of the most significant releases of all time.
Here are some ways that can help you to find the ultimate solution to the problem related to backlight.
As we said before, we can fix the light from the control center. Here is an elaborate explanation regarding how to do this.
- First, turn on your MacBook Pro M1 and look at the top right corner of the menu bar.
- You will find the Control Center sign on the MacBook. Click on the Control Center, and you will experience all the settings that are possible in your MacBook.
- After that, search for the option named ‘Keyboard Brightness’ and click on it.
- After clicking that option, a movable sliding will appear on the screen.
- Now the last step is to move the sliding circle. Moving to the left will deem the keyboard backlight, and moving to the right will increase the light.
That was all about the first method, and this method is applicable to the model of 2020 to 2022.
The MacBook is widely known for its sturdy character. Some of us are still using the older versions of the MacBook Pro M1. Since those are older versions of iOS, it is evident that plenty of settings are unavailable in those models.
So this method is for those who are using 2019 and the previous models.
Here are the steps you must follow.
- First, turn on the MacBook and look at the touch bar. On the right side, you will see the control strip.
- Touch the left arrow that is on the control strip to extend the control strip section.
- After the expansion, you will see two signs that look like half lights.
- Press on the more significant sign between the two characters to increase the keyboard backlight.
- And press the smaller sign between to lessen the keyboard backlight.
The MacBook has an ultimate option to adapt to the lighting condition through the sensor and provide you the best brightness by the keyboard. If you desire to turn this feature on or off, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, turn on the MacBook and press command + Spacebar. It will open the spotlight search immediately.
- In the search box, type system preferences and press the return key. You will see all the options, including Accessibility.
- Now click on the Accessibility sign from the screen and enter the menu.
- After that, look down and click on the ‘keyboard.’ You will experience all the directions and settings related to the keyboard.
- At the bottom, you will also see the ‘Keyboard Preferences’ and click on it.
- After that, from the screen, select the keyboard again. And you will be at your destination. Click on the option named ‘Adjust keyboard brightness in low light.’ If there is a tick mark on the box, it means the keyboard sensors will start adjusting the backlight in low-light conditions.
- If you want to remove the auto adjustments, remove the tick sign by clicking on it. Your MacBook keyboard will no longer adapt any light and adjust the backlight.
You can also disable or enable the timing option to turn the light off. If you are not active on your MacBook, the keyboard backlight will be stopped after the determined time. Again, any press on the keyboard or touchpad will activate the lights.
To activate this feature, you have to follow all the steps that are mentioned in the ‘automatic keyboard adjusting brightness,’ but there is a slight change in the last step. When you are on the last keyboard option, you will see an option named ‘turn keyboard backlight off after.’
You will see a small box on the left side of the option. Click on the box. And on the right side of the option, you will find a time limit. Click on it and set the time you want. It is ideal to choose 20 sec to 30 sec.
This is how you can change the timeout or automatically turn off the backlight of your MacBook’s keyboard.
How to Turn On the Keyboard Light on your MacBook Pro M1
Answer: To turn on the backlight of your MacBook Pro M1 keyboard, follow the necessary steps below.
Click on the Control Center, and you will experience all the settings of the MacBook.
After that, search for the option named ‘Keyboard Brightness’ and click on it. After clicking that option, a movable sliding will appear on the screen. Now the last step is to move the sliding circle. Moving to the left will deem the keyboard backlight, and moving to the right will increase the light.
Answer: There could be several reasons behind this.
1. The keyboard lights are permanently damaged.
2. The lights are turned off in the system.
3. Problems in cable connection can cause lighting issues.
In the composition, we tried to cover all the possible ways to fix issues related to the MacBook keyboard backlight. So, if the MacBook Pro M1 keyboard backlight is not working, reading the article will help you enormously. And if you are a new user of MacBook, these guidelines are a must to read.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.