Enjoying the Logitech k520 keyboard is fun and all with the full-size benefits and one-touch audio control. But right when you see that a few keys are not working, you might think that it’s time to replace your keyboard with a new one.
But wait, we have a few fixes if you see your Logitech k520 keyboard some keys not working. Check the fixes, go through the steps, and hopefully, all your problems regarding the keys will be solved!
Methods to Fix K520 Keyboard Keys
We have listed all the common fixes for your Logitech k520 keyboard keys not working- you can do it at home without any expert help now!
Fix 1: Resetting the Keyboard
If you see that a few keys of your keyboard are not working, you can simply rely on resetting the keyboard to fix this issue.
- To reset the keyboard, you need to press the reset or connect button of the unifying receiver. After this, go for the Logitech k520 keyboard Reset Button or connect button on the keyboard.
- Press this one and then you can restart the computer. After restarting, you can connect your keyboard to the PC. Take a look at Logitech k520 pairing without dongle and with a dongle to know how to connect your keyboard to your PC.
Once it’s connected, check if the keyboard keys are working fine or not. The issue might be solved in this easy way.
Fix 2: Updating the Driver
At times, the keyboard driver of your PC can be corrupted and that might be the reason behind some of the keys of your keyboard not working. In that case, a safe way to fix it is by updating the driver. You can do it manually or you can rely on tools that can help you out.
We recommend using Driver Easy as a tool here. In rare cases, your computer might download the right driver but if you use Driver Easy, it can identify the right version of the driver for your PC. Here are the steps for doing it, also you can check it out Fixing Logitech Keyboard Keys Sticking
- Firstly, you need to deal with Driver Easy. Download the tool from the internet and then complete the installation process by following the on-screen steps. Once it is downloaded and installed, you have to scan for the right driver.
- Run Driver Easy and there, you will see an option called Scan Now- click on it. When you press it, the tool will start scanning your computer and finally, it will detect problems regarding your driver.
- After it detects the issues with the drivers, you can simply select Update All. In this case, all the drivers of your PC including the keyboard driver will be downloaded and installed. If any of the drivers are out-of-date, it will work for that too.
Note: You will require the Pro version of Driver Easy to update all the drivers. If you have the free version, you have to settle for only the keyboard driver and install it.
- Once the driver is downloaded and installed automatically, you have to restart the PC. It will save all the changes that you have made. When you are done, you will see that the issue regarding the few keys is solved.
Also, if you see that your Chromebook is typing wrong letters, take a look at the solution to Chromebook keyboard typing wrong letters here!
Read More: Fixing Logitech Keyboard Keys Sticking
Fix 3: Reinstalling the Unifying Software
If the previous method didn’t work, you can try reinstalling the Logitech unifying software by the following steps shown below.
- First, you need to open the Run dialog box. For this, you have to press the Windows key along with the R key simultaneously.
Once the Run dialog box opens, you have to go to the typing area and type “appwiz.cpl” without quotation marks. Then pressing Enter will open a window called Program and Features.
- In this new window, there will be a list of software and all you need to do is find the Logitech Unifying Software. Once you get it, take your cursor there and right-click on it. In the drop-down menu, you will see the Uninstall option. Click on it and uninstall the unifying software first.
- Once the uninstallation is done, you are free to install the latest Logitech Unifying Software. For this, you have to go to the official site of Logitech. And from there, click on Download, and then follow the on-screen steps, you can install the software.
- After the download and installation are done, you need to restart your computer. After the computer has saved the new changes, check the keyboard and the particular keys that were not working before. Hopefully, they will start working now.
Fix 4: Restarting the HID Service
There are situations when the HID Service or the Human Interface Device Service will stop and that can cause the keyboard keys not to work. All you need is to restart it to fix the issue.
- Once again, go through your keyboard and press the Windows key and R together to open the Run dialog box. In the typing area, you have to type services.msc and press Enter. By doing this, the Services Window will appear on the screen.
- Here, you will see the list of services added. Go for the Details pane to see the list. Now, your job is to search for the HID Service or Human Interface Device Service in the list. Once you find it, double-click it. It will show you the properties.
- Now, go for the Startup Type and click on it. You can set it to Automatic if it’s not automatic already. At times, the Service status might show you that it’s not running.
In that case, you have to go for the option named Start right below the Status. Click on Start and it will make sure that the Service status is running.
- Once you complete the whole process, you have to save the changes by pressing OK. And with this, you will be able to solve the keys that were not working before.
Who says you need to be a pro to fix your keyboard keys- you can do it without any professional knowledge.
Go through the steps we have mentioned above and the keys will start working once again. However, if you see any serious issues, we still recommend you seek help from Logitech.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.