Any type of computer is an electronic gadget, and it is pretty prevalent that electronics can cause issues at any time. Today one of the major issues for Chromebook users is the keyboard system.
Due to various reasons, the keyboard of a Chromebook can be nurtured. So, what you can do is to reset the keyboard. Firstly, you need to perform a visual inspection on your Chromebook. After that, reset the EC, which is the controller on Chromebook, and take steps to initiate powerwash. Eventually, perform the hard reset.
It surely sounds quite straightforward. So, how to reset keyboard settings on Chromebook, let’s know all the details about the process.
The keyboard setting resetting process requires a profound knowledge of the Chromebook and certainly a high degree of patience. However, with the proper guidelines, you can reset your keyboard setting.
Here are the steps that you must follow to reset the keyboard and turn the settings like a new Chromebook.
Besides the software-related issues, there are plenty of reasons that can cause improper keyboard functioning. Some of the vital reasons are,
- Only the keyboard’s chip has problems and is malfunctioning. This problem requires a hardware expert to determine. So, if you do not find any problems like the below mentions, you must consult a hardware expert.
- The keyboard captures dirt under the key rapidly, which can be a significant cause. You can solve this issue without any hassle. You have to patiently unhook the keys and use a brush to clean the dirt. After using or instead of the brush, you can use a blower to clean the background of the keys.
- If you spill any liquid on the keyboard, it will surely damage the chip under it. So, we recommend you change the keyboard.
- The keyboard tolerated physical damage. If you accidentally let the keyboard bump with something that a keyboard can not accept, there is a high chance of malfunctioning. And the solution is the same as the last one.
All of the above-mentioned issues except the dirt, require you to change the keyboard entirely. By providing the model of your laptop to the official fixing and selling site, you can purchase an authentic keyboard.
If none of the above-mentioned issues are primary, follow the rest of the steps.
In this section, there are several steps you need to follow. And the steps are as follows,
- Firstly, if your Chromebook is running, shut it down properly using the shutdown function.
- Secondly, you need to press and hold the refresh key.
- Now, besides holding the refresh key, press the power button and hold it. You need to hold both keys for at least 10 secs.
- After 10 seconds of holding both keys, release the refresh key only. But you must keep holding the power key.
- Again after 5 seconds of holding the refresh key, release it.
Now you will experience that the Chromebook will automatically restart, and the entire EC will be reset.
Sometimes removing the battery for a while can reset minor issues. So, this step is worth a try. The steps are
- Firstly, shut down the Chromebook properly if it is running. Now, flip the Chromebook bottom side up and, with a screwdriver, remove all the screws related to the battery.
- Now, disconnect the battery for a while, like 5 seconds.
- Again plug in the battery and tighten all the screws.
- Eventually, start the Chromebook and justify the keyboard if it is working properly.
Since your keyboard has a problem in it and you desire to reset the keyboard, you can do without using the keyboard. The steps are,
- Firstly, launch Chrome on your Chromebook.
- After that click on the menu and go to settings.
- You will find plenty of options. Find Powerwash from the pool and click on it.
- Again click on the powerwash from the menu. It may take several minutes and after that, your Chromebook will restart.
- After the process is finished, login to your Google account, and your system will initiate powerwash.
You must keep in mind that once you start this process you can not go back. So you have to wait until the system takes the powerwash properly.
Reset Your Chromebook
Answer: First, at the bottom right, click on the time or press ALT + Shift + S. Then go to the setting. Now find the device section and click on it. Again find the keyboard and press on it. Eventually, you can use the menu to change the keyboard. And you can also go to the default setting.
Answer: Generally it is a significant issue that only occurs due to hardware-related problems. Firstly, you need to check if the dirt below the keys is causing it or not. If not, we strongly suggest you change the Chromebook keyboard, since there is a high chance of having technical issues in it.
By following the steps, you can reset your Chromebook keyboard and fix minor issues like malfunctioning. And that is all about how to reset keyboard settings on Chromebook. Now you can turn your keyboard back to normal or default.
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.