The gaming keyboard brand, Razer, has won the heart of a lot of gamers with its facilities. And when it comes to a soothing and enjoyable game, you might want to change the color of your keyboard to match your preference! Today, we will discuss different methods of how to change Razer keyboard colors, check it out!
Change Razer Keyboard Color with Razer Synapse
You can use Razer Synapse to bring change the color of your keyboard. Have fun with RGB by following our steps!
Razer Synapse 3
- First of all, you have to open the Razer Synapse 3. Once you open it, you will see the list of devices added here. From the list, you have to search for the Razer keyboard. Once you find it, select it from the device list.
- After selecting the keyboard, you need to search for the Lighting tab. Once you settle for this tab. you will see the options for changing the lighting effect here. Along with this, you can change the color of your keyboard depending on your preference from this section.
- Here, you can also settle for the Switch Lighting option. With this facility, you can easily switch between customized lighting effects. All you need is to navigate to the Keyboard option first from the list.
And then, you have to select the Customize option. After this, you are free to go for the preferred button and then press Switch Lighting. It’s time to pick up a lighting effect. Go for anyone you prefer and then save it.
Razer Synapse 2.0
- To change the Razer keyboard color with Razer Synapse 2.0, you have to open it first. Once you open Razer Synapse 2.0, repeat the same thing we did for the previous one. Check the device list and in that list, you will find the Razer Keyboard added. Select this one and move to the next step.
- Once again, you need to check the upper left corner. There will be several tabs available. From those tabs, you must find the Lighting tab and click on it. Under this tab, all the available options for lighting effects and colors will be listed. All you need is us to select the desired effect you prefer and then change it.
- In Razer 2.0, just like the Razer 3, you can switch between the customized lighting effects. All you need is to assign shortcut buttons to your profile and to do is, check the left part of the screen. You will see an option called Shortcut.
Assign the shortcut you prefer and make sure it’s easy for you to remember. Once you set the shortcut, you can use it whenever you want to customize the lighting effects!
Changing Razer Keyboard Color without Synapse
The previously mentioned methods are done with Synapse. However, you might be interested in knowing how to change Razer keyboard color without synapse. Here’s how you can do it on a different keyboard by Razer!
Razer Huntsman Mini/Tournament Edition
In this keyboard, you can use FN, Ctrl, and 1 together for switching off the Chroma effect. On the other hand, FN, Ctrl, and 2 for the Static and the FN, Ctrl, and 3 for Breathing will work for you.
For the spectrum cycle, you need to go for the same shortcut keys only by changing the number to 4. Press FN, ctrl, and 5 together to wave, and for reactivating, use FN, ctrl, and 6. Change the number into 7 for Starlight.
Razer BlackWidow V3 Mini Hyperspeed
While using Razer BlackWidow V3 Mini Hyperspeed, you need to press almost the same keys. FN, ctrl, and 1 for switching off the Chroma effect and changing the number into 2 will work for Static. In this case, you have to press the number key again if you want to cycle through different colors.
For Breathing, you have to press FN, ctrl, and 3 and FN, ctrl, and 4 for Spectrum Cycle. To Wave, go for FN, ctrl, and 5 and to Reactive, change the number to 6. For Starlight, you must press FN, ctrl, and 7.
In this case, let us repeat, if you want to cycle through different colors, you have to press the keys again. While you are settling for the Wave option, you have to press the number key once more if you want to change direction.
Changing Razer Keyboard Color on PS4
When it comes to changing the Razer keyboard color, we recommend you ensure that your keyboard is Synapse-3 compatible. Razer synapse is a Windows application but the features will not work with your PS4.
So, if you are here to learn how to change Razer Keyboard Color on ps4, it might dishearten you. However, it’s possible to adjust the volume along with muting the microphone with the help of an inline remote. Here, you will need a USB audio controller for all of your jobs.
Changing Razer Keyboard Color on Xbox
But we can help you out if you want to know how to change Razer Keyboard color on Xbox one or any Xbox. The good news is, that in 2019, Razer launched the Razer Turret keyboard. This one is specially designed for use on the Xbox console. And with it, the Chroma feature is also added. So, changing colors with the help of it is easy now!
Here, we are going to discuss how you can change the color of your Razer keyboard on Xbox. But before that, we must mention that the app we are using here is not the Razer synapse app. The special version for Xbox for it is the best thing you can get.
- Firstly, you need to plug it into the Xbox.
- Once you plug it in, you have to go to the Microsoft Store. There, search for the Razer Synapse Xbox. When you find it, you need to download it.
- Launch the Razer Synapse Xbox by signing in with the Razer ID. Then you can follow the methods we have mentioned above and change the colors easily!
Changing Razer Keyboard Color on Mac
As we have mentioned, Synapse is for Windows and it will surely get difficult for you if you want to learn how to change Razer keyboard color on MAC. The fact that Razer has discontinued the Mac support for Synapse might break your heart. But the good news is there are ways to do it!
- Firstly, you have to plug into a Windows computer with the Synapse.
- And then, here, you have to set up the colors the way you prefer. After setting them up, save them. Then, turn it off.
- The memory to store the setup will help you save it. You can simply plug it into your Mac and enjoy!
Razer keyboards are compatible with Windows, it doesn’t work with Mac the way you want. Also, it doesn’t support a lot of devices. Hopefully, Razer will look into this matter and will enlarge its territory of gaming support. Till then, follow the steps and you can change the color of your Razer keyboard to have fun!
I am a regular user of computer keyboards. For using keyboard face different kinds of problems and also solve it very easily. I love sharing knowledge about keyboards.